Monday, February 13, 2012

The 'White Roads' in life...


I took a semi-sabatical for a few days to visit some friends in California and re-charge my batteries.   After making my last minute plans to fly out to San Francisco, 
I had a 'Eureka' moment.
Deven Clemens, who I met in Bali while filming the documentary, worked for White Road Investments, a small investment company owned by the founders of Clif Bar 
and the major investor in Big Tree Farms.  

And I had really been looking forward to getting his interview in Bali, but the timing didn't work out.  Looked like I was about to get a second chance.  I left our hour long meeting at Clif Bar on Thursday with some incredible statements to incorporate into my film.
I also met up with my old roommate, and someone I am truly inspired by, Jose Cong.  He recently left Apple as a Senior Recruiter who worked on the release of the iPhone and iPad for over 7 years, to help launch a new (and very innovative) company called NEST.  Jose has always been more than just a roommate and a friend: a sort of mentor who I've always looked up to.

Thank you for the weekly inspirations, Deven and Jose.   Here's to not playing it safe and to taking the 'White Roads' in life.  Because after all, life is really about the inspiring journeys we take. 
I'm loving all of the positive energy in my life. 
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

1 comment: